Site Engineering Services
DiDonato provided civil-site engineering services for the new $270 million, 400,000 SF, 12-floor John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital located within the City of Buffalo Medical Campus. Projects included:
• Grading and drainage for the new site, as well as a hydraulic model to calculate stormwater discharge rates to meet City of Buffalo guidelines.
• Design of an underground detention system to accommodate for the 100-year storm event.
• Design and inclusion of a new 1,000 gallon Ebola decontamination tank.
• Coordination with public agencies for design of a 384‘ tunnel that carry utility lines as well as a passageway for hospital workers between Buffalo General Hospital and the new Children’s Hospital.
• Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans.